Benjamin Franklin once said that there were only two things certain in life: death and taxes. Well we’d like to add one more: stains. No matter how careful you are, stains happen. People stain their clothes with drinks like coffee or soda and condiments like ketchup or mustard, and their kids can stain their clothes playing outside in the mud.
A good stain remover can be a life saver. Laundry stain removers come in gels, powders, sprays, and liquids. Stain removers are applied to the spot of the stain where it should soak for a few minutes before putting the item of clothing into the wash. Here are a few of our most favored stain removers:
- Resolve Laundry Stain Remover is consistently on the Consumer Report’s best stain remover list, and is an Amazon best seller. Resolve Stain Remover works for all color clothing. Consumer Reports has found that it can remove stains from practically any source, except wine.
- Tide to Go: This portable spot stain remover is a miracle worker when you are away from home and have a stain to remove. Just gently press the stick into the stain to remove any stain, even dried out messes.
- OxiClean Max Force Stain Remover: This stain remover, most fondly remembered from its years of infomercial exposure, truly lives up to its famous pitches. OxiClean Max Force uses a mix of enzymes and polymers to lift and dissolve all types of tough stains.
- Shout Advanced Gel is another favorite of Consumer Reports, as well as being favored by the New York Times. The gel is strong enough to stick deeply to a stain before being put into the wash. Shout Advanced Gel works well in all water temperatures and colors.
- Grandma’s Secret Spot Remover is another top-seller on Amazon, and it’s vintage style bottle is a favorite of ours. The Secret Spot Remover tackles some of the toughest laundry stains with ease. Just a small drop can lift deep stains.